The Council of Governors is legally responsible for the overall management and control of the College as a registered charity.
The Council fosters the development and prosperity of the College. The Council ensures the College abides by the provisions of its statutes and the constitutional arrangements the charity is subject to. Furthermore, the Council checks that the College abides by the legislation and regulation laid down for independent schools by the Department of Education.
The Council has membership of the Association of Governing Bodies in the same way as the Headmaster is a member of HMC, the Bursar is a member of the Independent Schools Bursars’ Association, and the College is a corporate member of the Independent Schools Council and the Boarding Schools Association. Copies of the Statutes of the College and other governing regulations are available on request from the Bursar.
|The Right Reverand The Lord Bishop of Oxford|
|Clerk to the council|
|Mrs H J Perkins (Helen)|
Besides often visiting the College and attending meetings of the Council, all members of the Governing Body are involved in the structure of committees, which helps the governance of the College. These are:
- The Finance and General Purposes Committee: this decides on major spending projects, authorises all spending by the Management of the College and has responsibility for the expenditure, cost controls and financial prosperity of the College;
- The Estates Committee has overall responsibility for the buildings, lands and other Estates matters that the large campus at Bradfield entails;
- The Audit and Risk Committee supervises the financial reporting, auditing and methodology; it also monitors risk and health and safety at the College;
- The Education Committee advises on academic policy and curricular development;
- The Pastoral Committee oversees the College’s pastoral care, including child protection and pupil and staff welfare. Its work includes Council/Staff liaison.
|Contact details for Warden and Governors|
|Address||c/o Clerk to the Council
|Telephone||0118 964 4500|