Thank you for your interest in making a gift to Bradfield. There are three principle ways to give:

See the drop-down boxes below for general giving information. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.


The Bradfield Foundation is a registered charity (No. 900457) and as such it enables supporters of the College to give tax efficiently. The HMRC provides the following guidance:

Donations by individuals to charity are tax free, this is called tax relief. The tax goes to you or the charity.

How this works depends on whether you donate:


Donating through Gift Aid means that the Bradfield Foundation can claim an extra 25p for every £1 you give and it will not cost you any extra.

The Foundation can claim Gift Aid on most donations, but some payments do not qualify.


If applicable, you need to fill in the Gift Aid Declaration section of the donation form.

Your donations will qualify for Gift Aid as long as they’re not more than 4 times what you have paid in tax in that tax year (6 April to 5 April). NB The tax could have been paid on income or capital gains. Please inform the Development Office if you stop paying enough tax to be eligible for Gift Aid.


If you pay tax at the higher or additional rate, you can claim the difference between the rate you pay and basic rate on your donation. You can do this either:


You donate £100 to charity – they claim Gift Aid to make your donation £125. You pay 40% tax so you can personally claim back £25.00 (£125 x 20%).

With Payroll Giving, you don’t pay the difference between the higher and basic rate of tax on your donation.

Payroll Giving – Give as you earn

If you want to give to the Bradfield Foundation on a regular basis, payroll giving is a great option. Your donation is taken from your pre-tax salary, for more information visit the HMRC Section on Payroll Giving. The Bradfield Foundation is a registered charity (No. 900457).

Gift of land, property and shares

The giving of land, property or shares can be a highly tax effective way of donating as charitable gifts are exempt from Capital Gains Tax and Income Tax.

The Foundation’s position is that we would be delighted to receive the proceeds from the sale of these assets as opposed to the assets themselves. In selling land, property or shares on behalf of a charity you should still be able to claim tax relief for your donation. Please engage the appropriate legal and tax representation to ensure that this process would work for you.

Additional HMRC guidance  – Chapter 5: The giving of land, property, shares and securities to charity

Gifts from the Charities Aid Foundation (CAF)

The Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) helps donors and charities come together. If you are a member of CAF you can donate to us using this platform. We are registered ‘The Bradfield Foundation’, registered charity number 900457. If you are interested in learning more about CAF and their support to philanthropy visit the CAF website .

Company matching gift schemes

Many companies will match an employee’s gift to charity. Company funds used for eg CAF Matched Giving are tax-effective and can be deducted from your organisation’s corporation tax.

Please contact us if you require any additional information to be able to set this scheme up with your employer.

Gifts from Overseas

If you are living outside the UK tax regime, the following organisations can help you make your donation in a tax-efficient manner:


TGE enables donors resident in one of the participating countries to support charitable organisations in other member countries, while benefiting directly from the tax advantages provided for in the legislation of their country of residence.

Currently Belgium, Ireland, UK, France, the Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland and Poland participate in the scheme and both the donor and beneficiary need to be based within this group of countries.

For more information, please visit the TGE Website .


As a US resident, your gift to the Bradfield Foundation can be tax deductible if made to the British Schools and Universities Foundation (BSUF).

To make a gift and take a U.S. income tax deduction, you may make a donation to the British Schools & Universities Foundation (Federal Tax ID 13-616-1189), a charitable organization approved by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service under code Section 501(c)(3).

There are several giving options, for more information visit the BSUF website

Make sure you designate ‘The Bradfield Foundation’, registered charity 900457 as the specific fund or purpose. Your preference will be respected, although it should be pointed out that, to comply with the IRS regulations, all grants are made at the sole discretion of the BSUF.

Giving Options
Support the 1850 Club Appeal for Bright Futures
Donate Here