The music events calendar is a busy one at Bradfield, for pupils both performing and as members of the audience.
There are many in-College music events for our pupils to get involved in, including weekly performance platforms, teacher-led performance classes, House Music Competitions (singing, instrumental, ensemble/band and close harmony), a varied programme of workshops and masterclasses, Open Mic nights and recording sessions.
In addition, there are opportunities throughout the academic year for members of the public to enjoy the hard work, dedication and musical skills of Bradfield’s pupils.
Lent Term 2019/20
Public Lunchtime Concerts
Lunchtime Concerts this term will be held on:
- Tuesday, 14 January at 1.30pm
- Tuesday, 21 January at 1.30pm
- Tuesday, 4 February at 1.30pm
- Tuesday, 25 February at 1.30pm
- Tuesday, 10 March at 1.30pm
- Tuesday, 17 March at 1.30pm
These concerts are an opportunity for our pupils to perform, with a professional accompanist, to an audience of local residents, pupils, staff and parents. The concerts start at 1.30pm and last for around half an hour. Complimentary refreshments are available prior to the concert from 1pm.
Please contact email@example.com if you would like to attend as an audience member.
Public Evening Concerts
- Scholars’ Concert: Thursday, 16th January at 7.30pm in the Music School
- Faulkner’s Concert: Wednesday 22nd January at 7.30pm in the Old Gym
- Organ Recital by Rachel Mahon: Saturday, 25th January at 6pm in the Chapel
- Academic Musician’s Concert: Thursday 27th February at 7.30pm in the Music School
- Bradfield ‘Big Sing’: Friday 20 March at 7.30pm at Reading Town Hall
- Easter Concert: Thursday 26 March at 7.30pm in the Old Gym
These are ticketed events, so please go to our Ticket Source page if you would like to attend.
Community Activities & Workshops
This term we are running some music activities open to the wider Community:
- Organ Workshops on 25th January: to celebrate the refurbishment of our College Organ, internationally-acclaimed organist, Rachel Mahon (www.rachelmahon.co.uk), will be at Bradfield on the afternoon of Saturday, 25th January. She is running two workshops: 1. Pipe Up!: a beginners introduction to the organ (no previous experience required) at 3pm and 2. an Advanced Organ Workshop (ideal for organists preparing for graded exams/organ scholarships) at 4pm.
- Bradfield ‘Big Sing’ on Friday 20th March: Bradfield College are putting on a ‘Big Sing’ mass-choir event with over 200 voices performing an abridged version of Carl Orff’s Carmina Burana at Reading Concert Hall (accompanied by full percussion, two concert grand pianos and professional soloists). Aside from being in the audience, there are two aspects of this event that you might want to get involved in: 1. Come & Sing: take part in a ‘Come & Sing’ rehearsal on concert day, from 5pm, where you will learn and join in with the famous “O fortuna”. You will need to book tickets for this activity, which will be available in mid-February, so keep an eye on the Bradfield College box office. 2. Community Choir: join Bradfield Community Choir to perform movements of Carmina Burana with Bradfield College Chapel Choir and local Primary/Prep School children. Rehearsals will take place on Thursdays at 7.30pm on 6th February, 27th February, 5th March, 12th March, 19th March and on the afternoon of concert day.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0118 964 4801 if you’d like more information or would like to take part in any of these activities.